Disticophora Assorted Coral - Distichopora species - Lace Coral - Stylaster Coral
Medium 3" - 4"
Large 4" - 5"
Disticophora Assorted Coral is a rare coral that is, the coral is not found very frequently. Also, Disticophora Assorted Coral is difficult to maintain and therefore, it should be kept in an established marine aquarium under the vigil of an experienced aquarist only.
Taxonomy: Disticophora Assorted Coral belongs to the Kingdom Animalia, Phylum Cnidaria, Family Stylasteridae and Genus Disticophora.
Scientific names: The scientific name of Disticophora Assorted Coral is Disticophora species.
Other common names: Disticophora Assorted Coral is also commonly known as Lace Coral, Disticophora Lace Coral, Purple Stick Coral, Ember Coral and Stylaster Coral.
Coral Type: Disticophora Assorted Coral is a Hydrocoral, though considered as a Small Polyp Stony (SPS) Coral at some places.
Origin or natural range: The Disticophora species originates from the Indo-Pacific region. Color: Disticophora Assorted Coral occurs in purple, salmon and yellow colors and their variations and combinations.
Compatibility: The Disticophora species is non-aggressive towards the other marine aquarium invertebrates.
Habit & Habitat:
- Disticophora Assorted Coral hangs itself upside down to a cave or some overhang in the marine aquarium water body it abodes.
- The Disticophora species is nocturnal in habit and therefore spreads itself fully at night.
- The appearance of Disticophora Assorted Coral may vary due to various environmental factors such as the depth of marine water where the coral exists, the surroundings of Disticophora Assorted Coral and the flow of water around the coral, to name some.
- The Disticophora species resembles Fire Coral, Milepora species.
- Disticophora Assorted Coral has a purple colored, hard exoskeleton composed of Calcium Carbonate.
- The skeleton of the Disticophora species has many lacy branches with blunt ends that resemble the appearance of a fan. The branches are quite fragile.
- The branches of Disticophora Assorted Coral have small polyps popping up from the grooves in the skeletal base.
- The polyps of the Disticophora species expand at night.
- Temperature of water: The marine aquarium hosting the Disticophora species should have a temperature ranging between seventy-two and seventy-eight degrees Fahrenheit.
- Specific gravity of water: The specific gravity of water in the marine aquarium should be maintained between 1.023 and 1.025.
- pH of water: Keep the pH of water scaled within 8.10 to 8.40.
- Water flow in the aquarium: Disticophora Assorted Coral needs moderate water flow in the marine aquarium it abodes.
- Illumination: The Disticophora species requires low lighting in the marine aquarium it inhabits.
- Habit & habitat:
- Introduce Disticophora Assorted Coral in a well established aquarium.
- Place the Disticophora species at the medium level in your marine aquarium.
- Disticophora Assorted Coral places itself upside down in caves or any overhangs in your marine aquarium.
- Feeding & Nutrition:
- The Disticophora species is azooxanthellae that is, the coral lacks the photosynthetic alga zooxanthellae and is therefore non-photosynthetic.
- Disticophora Assorted Coral is Planktivorous in feeding habit and filter feeds frequently per week, when open.
- The Disticophora species feeds upon acellular marine invertebrates, zooplankton and phytoplankton.
- Add Calcium, Strontium, Iodine and Trace Elements to the water as dietary supplements for Disticophora Assorted Coral.
- Orders not received on the first delivery attempt.
- Orders not held for pick up at the FEDEX/UPS facility when temperatures are greater than 90 degrees or lower than 40 degrees.
- Orders placed during extreme weather will not be cover under our alive arrive guarenteed.
- If the weather delay a flight, or closes an airport, you live stock will be delayed. Fedex has no control over the weather, nor does Freshmarine.com.
- If your Live Stock is delay, Damaged, or Never Delivered due to severe weather condition, Fedex will not honor GUARANTEES, and therefore neither can Freshmarine.com.
Acropora Coral (Color Tip) - Acropora species
You Save 21.19%
Acropora Coral (Neon Color) - Acropora species
You Save 13.09%
Bird's Nest Coral - Seriatopora hystrix - Brush - Needle - Pink Nest
You Save 29.28%
Cat's Paw Coral - Pink - Stylophora species - Stylophora Coral - Brush Coral - Club Finger Coral - Gypsy Coral - Stump Coral
You Save -12.23%
Hydnophora Coral - Hydnophora species - Green Horn Flourescent Coral - Branch Coral - Knob Coral - Horn Coral
You Save 25.02%
Before Placing Your OrderStore Information
Arrive Alive Guarantee
After Placing Your OrderTrack Your Order
Security Safe Shopping
Question? Need More Help?View FAQ