Spaghetti Leather (Metallic) - Sinularia flexiblis - Gold Leather - Finger Leather Coral - Soft Finger Coral - Thin Finger Coral
Medium 3" - 4"
Large 4" - 5"
Spaghetti Leather (Metallic) is an ideal choice for expert aquarists. In your marine aquarium, it shows a marked presence due to its shape and long wavy tentacles. Spaghetti Leather (Metallic) is one easy to maintain coral which you can proudly own without any regrets. The ensuing discussion briefs you upon the various interesting aspects of this special coral, Spaghetti Leather (Metallic).
Taxonomy: Spaghetti Leather (Metallic) belongs to the Kingdom Animalia, Phylum Cnidaria, Class Anthozoa, Order Alcyonacea, Family Alcyoniidae, Genus Sinularia and Species flexibilis.
Other names: The scientific name of Spaghetti Leather (Metallic) is Sinularia flexibilis. Spaghetti Leather (Metallic) is also commonly known as Spaghetti Finger Leather Coral, Flexible Leather Coral, Gold Leather, Thin Finger Coral and Soft Finger Coral.
Coral Type: Spaghetti Leather (Metallic) is a Soft Coral of Polyp type.
Origin or natural range: Spaghetti Leather (Metallic) originates from the Tropical Indo-Pacific region, Barrier Reef and the Red Sea in the countries Fiji, Tonga, Philippines and Vietnam.
Color: Spaghetti Leather (Metallic) is generally available in cream, brown, bright green, bright yellow, gold and tan colors.
Morphology: Spaghetti Leather (Metallic) is very hardy and has a slimy surface. Sinularia flexibilis has a long and thick stalk which is round in shape. Spaghetti Leather (Metallic) has hundreds of very long, thin, flexible but strong tentacles. The tentacles have short polyps that are white or brown in color. The tentacles of Spaghetti Leather (Metallic) look very beautiful when they sway with the water movement. Sinularia flexibilis has a waxy coating on its body which it sheds occasionally as a part of its cleaning process.
Compatibility: Spaghetti Leather (Metallic) is moderately aggressive towards the other marine aquarium invertebrates.
Breeding: Sinularia flexibilis reproduces asexually by fission. Each resulting fragment grows into an individual Spaghetti Leather (Metallic).
Growth environment in your marine aquarium:
- Temperature: Seventy-two to seventy-eight degrees Fahrenheit.Specific gravity: 1.023 to 1.025.
- pH: 8.10 to 8.40.
- Illumination: Spaghetti Leather (Metallic) requires a high intensity of light in the marine aquarium it inhabits.
- Water flow in the aquarium: Moderate to strong water flow in your marine aquarium is the best for Spaghetti Leather (Metallic).
- Marine aquarium habit & habitat: Spaghetti Leather (Metallic) is most suitable for a marine aquarium of the capacity of twenty-two gallons or hundred liters. You can place Spaghetti Leather (Metallic) anywhere in your marine aquarium. Sinularia flexibilis needs space in your marine aquarium to spread itself well; else it begins to encrust the other corals in its vicinity. Therefore, keep Spaghetti Leather (Metallic) away from the other corals in your reef tank.
- Feeding & Nutrition: Sinularia flexibilis is carnivorous in its feeding habits. Photosynthesis, however, is the key source of nutrition in Spaghetti Leather (Metallic). This photosynthesis is performed by zooxanthellae, a photosynthetic alga that lives symbiotically within Spaghetti Leather (Metallic). Sinularia flexibilis may also filter feed, a few times in a week when open, upon acellular marine invertebrates, meaty bits, baby brine shrimp, phytoplankton and zooplankton. Add Iodine, Strontium and trace elements in the water as dietary supplements for Spaghetti Leather (Metallic).
Care: Spaghetti Leather (Metallic) requires moderate care.
- Give enough space in your aquarium, for the complete spread of Spaghetti Leather (Metallic). If Sinularia flexibilis does not get enough space, it begins to grow on other corals which may be detrimental to the health of those corals.
- Spaghetti Leather (Metallic) may also secrete chemical toxins that may be harmful for some hard corals in your marine aquarium.
- Orders not received on the first delivery attempt.
- Orders not held for pick up at the FEDEX/UPS facility when temperatures are greater than 90 degrees or lower than 40 degrees.
- Orders placed during extreme weather will not be cover under our alive arrive guarenteed.
- If the weather delay a flight, or closes an airport, you live stock will be delayed. Fedex has no control over the weather, nor does Freshmarine.com.
- If your Live Stock is delay, Damaged, or Never Delivered due to severe weather condition, Fedex will not honor GUARANTEES, and therefore neither can Freshmarine.com.
Cabbage Leather (Flower Leather) - Sinularia dura - Cabbage Leather Coral - Carpet Coral - Flat Leather Coral - Flower Leather Coral
You Save 50.02%
Chili Coral - Alcyonium species - Chili Sponge - Strawberry Coral - Encrusting Leather Coral
You Save 22.15%
Finger Leather (soft) - Lobophytum species - Sinularia Finger Thick - Finger Leather Coral - Devil's Hand Coral
You Save 20.02%
Hairy Leather (hard) - Paralemnalia species - Tree Soft Coral - Green Hairy Leather - Finger Leather Coral - Hairy Finger Leather Coral
You Save 23.77%
Toadstool Leather - Sarcophyton species - Mushroom Sarcophyton Leather - Elegant Umbrella Leather Coral - Mushroom Leather Coral
You Save 35.37%
Before Placing Your OrderStore Information
Arrive Alive Guarantee
After Placing Your OrderTrack Your Order
Security Safe Shopping
Question? Need More Help?View FAQ